My main research interests are in social psychology, leadership, criminal psychology, industrial-organizational psychology, family and adolescence. For abstracts to some of my publications, please see:
I now run a psychological consultation and training centre offering training in NLP, hypnosis, self-energy, and human development. I am also directing new program in the UAEU called Leadership and Society. This program is an interdisciplinary program which I consider a a good opportunity to apply my practical social psychology knowledge.
I have a TV show on social psychological Issues that made my contributions to the Arab world as well as my community worth being proud of. This Program is on Dubai TV and call Lawwen Hayatric and Life Is Good.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Group Processes
- Health Psychology
- Organizational Behavior
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Persuasion, Social Influence
Research Group or Laboratory:
- ARAA Consultancy, Reseach, and Training Centre
- Adolescents' perceptions of family functioning in the United Arab Emirates. Adolescence, Vol. 31, No. 122, Summer 1996, pp. 433-442. (Single, English)
- Alnajjar, A. (2017). Dynamics of test-taking among students of the United Arab Emirates University. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Review. ISSN(P) : 2347-4564;E-ISSN : 2321-8878. Publication date: September 2017.
- Alnajjar, A.(2017). Exploring the phenomenon of loneliness in the UAE. International Journal of Social Sciences and Economic Research. Vol. 2, No.9.
- Alnajjar, A. (2017). Learning styles hypothesis, knowledge co-construction, and epistemic games in higher education. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Review. IISN (P)2415-1335; ISSN (O) 2415-1157. Vol. 2 No. 5. Publication date: September 2017.
- Alnajjar, A. (2017). Towards a multidisciplinary undergraduate Leadership & Society Program. Journal of Education and Practice. Vol.8, No.7
- Alnajjar, A (2017). Vocational interests among students in the United Arab Emirates. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol. 6, No.5
- Alnajjar, A (2017). Worrying about what? An investigation of the phenomenon of worry among students of the United Arab Emirates University. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Review. Vol.3, No.5
- Alnajjar, A (2016). A cross-cultural study of the social and psychological problems of Emirati and Egyptian students. Psychology. Psychology. Egyptian Authority for Books, Vol. 110, No 29
- Alnajjar, A., Dodeen, H. (2017). Factor structure of the Arabic version of the UCLA Loneliness scale. International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts, and Literature. ISSN(P) : 2347-4564; E-ISSN : 2321-8878 Vol.5, No.9. Publication date: September 2017.
- Alnajjar,A.,Elhammoumi,M. (2017) The Generation of Higher Mental Functions in Vygotsky’s Concepts of Development and Contradiction. Research in Humanities and Social Sciences. ISSN: 2224-5766 (print).Publication date: September 2017
- Alnajjar, A., Hamid, A., Abdullah, A (2017). Coping strategies of students in the United Arab Emirates. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.7, No. 18. . ISSN: 2224-5766 (print) Publication date: September 2017
- A study of the mutual expectation between heads of sections and staff members at the U.A.E. University, the Bulletin of the Faculty of Education, El Mansoora University, Egypt, published in July 1995. (Joint, Arabic)
- Delinquency and social changes in United Arab Emirates: A comparison study between delinquent males and females on the Family Functioning Questionnaire. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research (In Press) (Joint, English)
- Delinquents' and non-delinquents' perception of family functioning in the United Arab Emirates. Social Behavior and Personality: International Journal, 1998, 26(4), 375-382. (Joint, English)
- Elhammouumi, M., Alnajjar, A. (2017). Vygotsky's Cultural-Historical Theory and Marx's Ethnological Notebooks. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.7, No.16
- Family functioning level: A comparison study between intact and non-intact families. Cairo University, Journal of Psychology, 57, 2, 1997. (Joint, Arabic)
- Relationship between job satisfaction and organizational commitment among employees in the United Arab Emirates. Psychological Reports, 1996, 79, pp. 315-321. (Single, English)
- The impact of selected psycho-social variables upon employees' organizational commitment in the United Arab Emirates. Social Behavior and Personality: International Journal, 1999, 27(5), 523-532. (Single, English)
- Adolescents' and youth's needs in the GCC States
- 12. Dodeen, H., Alnajjar A. Dodeen. (2015). Factor Structure of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Loneliness Scale: Gender, Age, and Marital Status Differences. Conference Paper. 3rd International Conference for Social Sciences and Education, April 27 to 29, 2017, Rome, Italy
- Civilizations in Dialogue
- Criminal Psychology
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Interpersonal Leadership
- Personal Energy Builing and Maintaining
- Principles of Leadership
- Psychology and Society
- Social Psychology
Ahmed A. Alnajjar
Department of Psychology
United Arab Emirates University
P.O. Box 17771
United Arab Emirates
- Work: +971-4- 2949998
- Mobile: +971506546546
- Fax: +971-4- 2949997